Care Support Worker - North East
Job Purposes & Core Details
Provide support across Turning Point Scotland and undertake a range of duties in services; in line with the needs of the service and service users to ensure the safe and effective running of care critical services at this unprecedented time.
An ability to demonstrate the values of Turning Point Scotland which are:
We treat people as we would wish to be treated, valuing difference and encouraging individuality.
We care enough to understand the needs of people and are willing to do something about it.
We believe in the value of people and work in a way that enables them to have their voices heard.
We are steered by a clear sense of what is right, we build trust through integrity of action and honesty whilst speaking out against injustice.
A range of skills and experience obtained in a work environment, by volunteering or through personal life and which can contribute to a role in social care, this will be discussed further at interview.
Turning Point Scotland is a national social care charity providing services to adults across a number of care groups, this post will have a specific responsibility for heading up the organisations Justice Services. The post holder should have a proven track record in Justice or a closely related area of work such as homelessness or addictions.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to one of Scotland’s leading social care organisations in a key strategic role.
Please note that by completing this application form candidates are agreeing that they are:
- declaring you are fit and healthy to work
- declaring you are of good character
- declaring that you are not currently or have been subject to any fitness to practise sanctions by a licensing or regulatory body either in the UK or any other country
- not within the high risk categories from coronavirus (have had an organ transplant, are having certain types of cancer treatment, have blood or bone marrow cancer, such as leukaemia, have a severe lung condition, such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma, have a condition that makes you much more likely to get infections, are taking medicine that weakens your immune system, are pregnant and have a serious heart condition)
- not experiencing any coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough)
- declaring you have no pending or spent convictions
- consenting to your details being used and shared across a range of employers and stakeholders, for example SSSC and PVG
Should you have any queries, please call our freephone recruitment line on 07731113078.
Should you have any specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to answer all queries within 24 hours.
This opportunity is closed to applications.